Thursday 29 September 2011

In Which London is Entirely Too Warm

I landed in London today, I had an amazing three weeks in California with some of the coolest cats ever. It was wonderful, I didn't have to make plans or sort things out, people just invited me places and then picked me up to take me to them.  It was magical.  Special thanks to Emily Versace who planned many of the events and even hosted a few - thanks Emily.  But then I could do a special thanks section that includes everyone who I saw in these last three weeks, everyone has been so great and I miss you guys already.  I hope when I visit next that it will be September again so that we can have International Talk Like a Pirate Day festivities and have a bonfire sing-a-long again and oh everything we did - we could just do those things again?  Although next year maybe we could do an afternoon tea?

So I had Tito's Tacos as my last Mexican food for a bit, it was a bit beyond delicious, and now I contemplate having a pizza downstairs in my youth hostel.  I must admit it feels a bit strange at the minute, I mean, I'm used to moving to the UK without a set address, but I'm not used to it be so ridiculously hot!  I left the desert, what gives?  I mean - it was in the eighties today! London, I'm afraid this is Fall and you're not holding up your end of the bargain, in this country we have seasons sir - get with the program.

So I mentioned I don't have a place to live yet, not to worry - the Lord has me covered.  I am in talks with a lovely lady who works at a church and I will be meeting her this weekend to see if this is the right place for me.  If not I will need to work on some other leads I have, which is far more than I had when I left for Cardiff the first time.  My placement starts Monday - so VERY excited!  For those who don't know, I am going to the Almeida, a lovely theatre with a great reputation and we'll be working on an American play so I can be all kinds of use to them.  Can't wait to get started.

Well, I should probably go find some food, stay up a few more hours then pass out from extreme tiredness.

I love you guys!!!

1 comment: